The job of an Information Technology (IT) Project Manager involves overseeing and managing IT projects from initiation to completion. They are responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet the specified requirements.
The duties and responsibilities of the IT Project Manager are the following:
- Project Planning
- Resource Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Risk Management
- Project Execution
- Quality Assurance
- Budget Management
- Change Management
- Team Management
- Reporting and Documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Computer Science, or a related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in related field
- Proven experience in IT project management, including successful project completions.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of IT systems and technologies
- Familiarity with project management methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Six Sigma
- TOGAF 9
- Certified Information Technology Manager (CITM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership Professional (ITMLP)