Here at MEDI LINX LABORATORY, INC. we take your privacy seriously and will use your personal information to administer your needs and to provide the services you have requested from us. We are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data, which is any information that is capable of identifying you as an individual person.
We shall regularly update this Notice when necessary to ensure that our practices remain compliant with all applicable laws, and are up to date with the industry trends.
We are the complete solutions and support provider of clinical laboratory needs. We have a highly extensive range of routine and specialized clinical tests using the most advanced, reliable, efficient, and established Japanese laboratory operations. Our technological expertise allows us to conduct all sorts of clinical diagnostic tests at big volumes with guaranteed most reliable results and excellent services.
The information collected will be used as is and will not be subject to additional processing before being used for the stated purposes.
What type of personal information do we collect from you?
The information we collect and process includes the following:
- Personal contact information which includes your name, address, email address, phone number or any other information that would allow us to reach you;
- Demographic information which includes your gender, date of birth, age, civil status, etc.; and
- Medical history and profile such as your current medical condition, diagnosis for ailments, medical orders and records, etc.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information to:
- Process your requests in relation to the availment of our services with a view to satisfying the needs of both the patient and physician.
- Perform sample analysis based on the requirements of both patient and physician to identify and understand the needs of the patient.
We assure you that all personal information processed will be used only for the provision of the services for which we have been engaged.
How will we use your personal information?
We use your personal information with the aim of performing analyses depending on your (the patient) and your physician’s requirements to give you credible results that will translate to information for the physician’s diagnosis and recommendations. Your personal information may also be used for reporting, analysis, and study purposes and other functions required or legally recognized by law.
We do not share your personal information with any third party that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes, unless you have provided specific consent in relation to this. We may share your personal information with third parties for other purposes, but only to ensure that we can provide you with exceptional clinical testing laboratory services that is readily available, and for us to provide you a smoother and better business relationship. For example, we may outsource the maintenance of our system or we may share your information to our affiliated hospitals, clinics, and physicians for them to provide you with immediate medical services. In such cases, we only share your information to our affiliated hospitals, clinics, and physicians which are necessary for us to perform our functions to the extent permitted by law. In which case, your prior consent to the sharing of information shall be obtained.
When and how do we get your personal information?
- When you fill out the application forms, agreements, and other similar or related documents;
- When your information is being uploaded through the Laboratory Information System (LIS); and
- When you avail of our products and services through our affiliated hospitals.
We may also obtain your personal information from third parties and other sources which have obtained your consent for such disclosure, or where it is lawfully permitted on our part to acquire such information.
When and to whom do we disclose or share your personal information?
In the course of providing services to you or in accordance with the agreement that you have entered into with us, we normally engage the services of, and/or interact with, third parties, such as, but not limited to our affiliates.
In connection with the foregoing, we may be required to disclose your personal information with our affiliates for any legitimate business purpose as we may deem appropriate for your benefit, including but not limited to outsourced processing of our transactions, profiling or historical statistical analysis and as necessary to provide you with our services or for you to comply with your obligations in accordance with the agreement that you have entered into with us.
We will never share, sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties outside of our affiliates except if you have given your consent thereto.
How do we protect your personal information?
We value your privacy that is why we maintain, enforce, and implement organizational, physical, technical, electronic and procedural security measures that ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of your personal information.
We protect your information by implementing safeguards such as but not limited to the following:
- By only accessing and using your personal information to the extent necessary in order to administer the products and services you purchased/requested from Medi Linx;
- By using a secured server that is being maintained with firewall, encryption, anti-virus and other appropriate security controls;
- Restricting access to your information only to authorized personnel who handle your information with strict confidentiality;
- Regular audits by our internal audit team and other third party auditors are being conducted to ensure that your personal information is secured and security controls are effective;
- Keeping our security systems up to date and conduct trainings and seminars to our personnel in relation to protecting your personal information;
- We establish confidentiality agreements with contracted parties that receive, process and store non-public personal, and health information about you;
- Perform data privacy and security assessment with contracted parties to ensure that non-public personal, sensitive and privilege information are secured and appropriate controls are enforced by the contracted parties; and
- Other security, organizational and physical measures that we may introduce in the future to further strengthen the protection and security of your personal information.
Where do we store your personal information?
Only authorized personnel have access to your personal information, the storage and exchange of which will be facilitated through e-mail and print-outs kept within office premises. Information sent through e-mails are encrypted by third party service providers. Should there be a need to transmit hard copies containing personal information, such print-outs are transmitted by office messengers, through registered mail, or through private licensed courier.
How long do we store your personal information?
We shall keep your personal information throughout the term of the engagement between you and the Company.
Your rights to your personal information
In accordance with Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, other relevant issuances, circulars, orders, and instructions of the National Privacy Commission or any relevant government agency, court, or tribunal, and all other applicable laws and regulations for the protection of data privacy and security, we uphold your right in relation to your personal information. You have the right to be informed on the processing of your personal information. In relation to which, you have the right to object to our collection or processing of your personal information. You also have the right to access, to correct or modify, or erase your personal information from our systems and processes. You also have the right to withdraw your personal information from the services you requested. However, choosing not to disclose or deciding to remove your personal information from our systems may limit our ability to provide excellent healthcare services to you.
Medi Linx’s Contact Information
If you have any questions and/or concerns regarding your personal information, our affiliates, or any other matters in relation thereto, you may contact our Compliance and Data Protection Officer.